Call For Position Papers - COMPLEXIS 2018
3rd International Conference on Complexity, Future Information Systems and Risk
March 20 - 21, 2018 Funchal, Madeira - Portugal
CALL FOR POSITION PAPERS
Submission Deadline: November 22, 2017
What is a position paper?
A position paper presents an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and worth listening to, without the need to present completed research work and/or validated results.
COMPLEXIS – the International Conference on Complexity, Future Information Systems and Risk, aims at becoming a yearly meeting place for presenting and discussing innovative views on all aspects of Complex Information Systems, in different areas such as Informatics, Telecommunications, Computational Intelligence, Biology, Biomedical Engineering and Social Sciences. Information is pervasive in many areas of human activity – perhaps all – and complexity is a characteristic of current Exabyte-sized, highly connected and hyper dimensional, information systems. COMPLEXIS 2018 is expected to provide an overview of the state of the art as well as upcoming trends, and to promote discussion about the potential of new methodologies, technologies and application areas of complex information systems, in the academic and corporate world.
COMPLEXIS is organized in 7 major tracks:
- 1 - Complexity in Informatics, Automation and Networking
- 2 - Complexity in Biology and Biomedical Engineering
- 3 - Complexity in Social Sciences
- 4 - Complexity in Computational Intelligence and Future Information Systems
- 5 - Complexity in EDA, Embedded Systems, and Computer Architecture
- 6 - Network Complexity
- 7 - Complexity in Risk and Predictive Modeling
- International Federation for Systems Research
- European Association for Theoretical Computer Science
- Netherlands Platform Complex Systems
Technically Co-sponsored by World Federation on Soft Computing
With the presence of internationally distinguished keynote speaker:
- Ernesto Estrada, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
Proceedings will be submitted for indexation by:
- DBLP, Thomson-Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC, EI and SCOPUS.
- A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer.
- All papers presented at the conference venue will also be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.