VIII Summer School on Statistical Physics of Complex Systems
We are pleased to announce the VIII Summer School on Statistical Physics of Complex Systems promoted by the Topical Group on Statistical and Nonlinear Physics (GEFENOL) of the Spanish Physical Society.
The School follows the previous successful editions which took place in Palma de Mallorca (2011, 2013, 2014, 2017), Benasque (2012), Barcelona (2015) and Pamplona (2016). The school, oriented to Master and PhD students and young postdocs worldwide will take place at IFISC (CSIC-UIB) in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, on July 2-13, 2018 and will include six courses:
- Stochastic delay systems, by Tobias Galla, The University of Manchester.
- Bayesian inference in complex networks, by Marta Sales-Pardo, Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- Deep learning from a statistical physics perspective, by Raúl Vicente, Univerty of Tartu
- Spreading phenomena in networks, by Claudio Castellano, Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi (ISC-CNR).
- Geometric frustration in soft matter systems, by Pietro Tierno, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Transport in nanosystems, by David Sánchez, IFISC (CSIC-UIB).
Additional keynote talks, hands-on sessions, and presentations by the participants will also be scheduled.
Further details are posted at the web site of the school https://school2018.gefenol.es/
The number of participants is limited. Applications to attend the school can be submitted at https://school2018.gefenol.es/Application/.
Early Applications, namely those received by March 1, will be given preference.
Regular Applications, subject to availability, can be submitted until to March 22, 2017.